Author Topic: Avast My Account Page Down? (Using Avast 2014-Free)  (Read 2026 times)

Jack 1000

Avast My Account Page Down? (Using Avast 2014-Free)
« on: December 05, 2013, 07:59:54 PM »
I went to confirm my Avast Free registration by clicking on the email link.  It said my registration was complete but the My Account Page did not come up.  Two questions:

1.) If you register through Avast by entering your email and completing your registration through the GUI, but don't click on the Registration conformation link, what happens?

2.) What is in Avast My Account for Avast Free Users?

Jack

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast My Account Page Down? (Using Avast 2014-Free)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
If you just enter the data and does not send it to avast!, they will not be saved, i.e., the registration will not work.
In the my.avast.com portal you can have access for free to the state of all your avast installations, scan results, statistics, etc.
The best things in life are free.

Jack 1000

Re: Avast My Account Page Down? (Using Avast 2014-Free)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
If you just enter the data and does not send it to avast!, they will not be saved, i.e., the registration will not work.
In the my.avast.com portal you can have access for free to the state of all your avast installations, scan results, statistics, etc.

A few days ago when I installed Avast 2014 it said "Registration Successful."  The My Account server page kept loading from the Avast GUI.  Later in the day, I was able to log into My Account and it showed a successful registration at that time.

Jack