Author Topic: Purpose of remotely launching the Anti-Theft interface  (Read 2417 times)

youngsmarttech

Purpose of remotely launching the Anti-Theft interface
« on: December 10, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »
Hello, I am reading about the remote commands that you can send to your owned device to better protect it. I found one command that seems kind of silly to me. The command is "LAUNCH". This command opens the Avast! Anti-Theft interface on the phone. In my interpretation of that meaning, it means that it opens the program and gives you access to the interface unbeknownst to anyone using the device. However, as I read along other pages and informational sites, it says if you launch it, you can "intercept" incoming calls and listen to there call via the phone you sent the SMS remote command. May I have a full correct explanation and purpose of this feature?
Thanks!

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Purpose of remotely launching the Anti-Theft interface
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
Hello,
it's useful for tablet users without phone capability. If such a user wants to use Anti-Theft stand alone (=with uninstalled Mobile Security), he wouldn't be able to open Anti-Theft without this command.

Werner

youngsmarttech

Re: Purpose of remotely launching the Anti-Theft interface
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
Okay, got the part about using it if Avast! Mobile Security isn't installed. However, is the information about "intercepting" a call and being in "stealth mode" actually true for using launch command?
Thanks for quick response.