Author Topic: Record audio not working after update?  (Read 6060 times)

Racker_CRO

Record audio not working after update?
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »
I noticed that after update Record audio is not working. I left it running for 30min (Issue Date) and nothing. Tried to reboot phone, didn't help. Yes I do have Premium account and Google drive enabled with plenty space. Any info?

Regards.

Racker_CRO

Re: Record audio not working after update?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
Tried removing anti theft and avast mobile security and re-install again. I rebooted my phone after uninstall and again after installation. Removed it from my.avast account and added again. My premium license IS active. Still record audio is NOT WORKING (I tried 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 min duration without noise detection). My Google Drive has plenty free space.

Avast support, any info on this??

Thanks.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
Hello,

how do you see that it's not working? any error messages?
where did you look for the audio recordings after they were done (or not).

is your device rooted? a custom rom?
have you already executed "Fix connection problems" in Anti-Theft -> avast! Account? what message do you get?

try to connect through different internet connections (other WiFi's for example)

Werner

Racker_CRO

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
Hi,

Here is a copy/paste of my ticket opened with your support:

Tried removing anti theft and avast mobile security and re-install again. I rebooted my phone after uninstall and again after installation. Removed it from my.avast account and added again. My premium license IS active. Still record audio is NOT WORKING (I tried 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 min duration without noise detection). It just stays under Commands until I delete it (tried leaving it for 40 min). My Google Drive has plenty free space and is connected to avast account. Tried to remove it and add it again (Google drive). I'm quite sure it worked until last update.

Posting status update regarding problem with sound recording. It works ONLY if I enable Noise recognition and it uploads only when Noise recognition duration expires. In example if I select 5 min duration and 10 min Noise it will upload after 11 min. If I select 3 min duration and 30 min Noise it will upload after 31 min. Also duration of recording is almost never as selected (5 min or less) and audio also skips, it is not recorded continuously. I tested this in noisy environment so there was always noises, voices, etc.

Phone is HTC Desire C, non rooted, official ROM. Fix connection problem doesn't report any error. I tested it on few different connections, 2 different WiFi, 2 different GMS providers all of them with unlimited internet bandwith.

Before update I didn't have any issue using this command, and yes I do know where to look for audio recording. There is no error in my.avast it just stays under Commands saying it is recording until I delete it clicking on X.

I noticed last night there is a update for mobile security and AntiTheft which I didn't download. I will try to update today and test it again.

Regards.

Racker_CRO

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 03:15:41 PM »
With last update problem remains  :(....

Racker_CRO

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »
I tried to view status of my ticket which I opened in your support and it says that this ticket does not exists?!?! Your support deleted it without any notification, reply, email, nothing. Issue is still present and I was updating ticket with all relevant information I found to help you resolve this.

How about an explanation?

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
Hello,

I'll ask a developer to look into this thread and work on a fix with you.

Werner

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 09:40:45 AM »
Hello,

please send us
a) what device you are using
b) android version
c) your order number

thank you!
best send it to mayr@avast.com and copy & paste the link to this thread in the mail.

Racker_CRO

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:47:12 AM »
Hi,

Information sent to provided email.

Regards.

Racker_CRO

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 08:01:01 PM »
Well after a lot of testing I can confirm Record audio is not working as it should. Problems are:

a) sometimes if you don't set Noise recognition recording is never done (I left it one for 154 hours)
b) recording is done ONLY when noise duration expires (if you set it 10 min recording is uploaded after 10 min, if you set it to 30 min it will be uploaded after 30 min)
c) if you set it to 5 min with 10 min noise you will get far shorter recording (sometimes even 12 seconds)
d) every recording made is not continuous, it has a lot of gaps. I played a track with person counting from 1 to 1000 ( in 2 sec intervals) and in recording you can hear him saying "1, 2, 5, 9, 10..."
e) someone would think it is phone issue BUT I tried it on HTC Sensation and HTC Desire C. Yesterday I replaced my HTC Desire C with Huawei Ascend Y300 completely brand new and same errors occur

All my phones are NOT rooted. Tests were done on 2 phones "out-of-the-box" with premium licences, updated to latest version available in that time, Android versions 4.0.3, 4.1.1.

Somehow paying for premium with non working features doesn't have a lot of sense  :o.

Regards.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:39:30 AM by Racker_CRO »

Racker_CRO

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
It seems last update fixed Recording issue. So far so good...I noticed that first recordings were 5MB but today they dropped to 450-470kB.