Author Topic: IS2014 is the worst update in the last 2.5 years, how to revert?  (Read 2404 times)

megakoresh

IS2014 is the worst update in the last 2.5 years, how to revert?
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:35:45 PM »
Ever since I updated to 2014 version I
  • Am getting malware on my PC that i can't get rid of (pops up scam websites, no scans can find it, system shields don't either even at highest security level). Never had such things with old version for the 2.5 years I have been using Avast IS 2014.
  • Internet is shut off. Nothing loads until I disable the Web shield.
  • Shields bug out. Disabling shield, as above bug it out. When I enable the shield again, it does not remove the "shields are off message" and clicking the "Turn on" button does nothing.
  • Tray icon doesn't work. Ever since update right clicking the tray icon does nothing. The ONLY way to access the program and it's controls is to click the program icon in the start menu to open it's main window.
  • The software hangs constantly and recently started freezing completely. Like for example right now it's permanently frozen, when I tried to reset the bugged Web Shield, like I mentioned above. It froze the program and since there's no way to access it's process in the TM, the only way to fix this is to restart the computer.

The update had EXACTLY the same issue several MONTHS ago when I upgraded one of my laptops to the beta version of it (I own a 3-machine license). The current problems are on a completely different desktop computer and are exactly the same. The only one of the old problems with beta that I did not yet face is the constant deleting of completely harmless files required for work of other programs (Dictionary definition packs, DX9 injector dlls for games, trainers and other files which either alter memory, other processes or have a strange extension. And that is probably because I have all my settings set to "Ask" for each action the AV software can perform. And it has asked already. Twice.

The update is clearly not fit for purpose and is so broken that it's completely unusable and puts my computers at risk. I didn't pay for license so I can have my internet disabled and computer infected with malware. I want to revert to previous version until this 2014 version of the program is usable. Is there a way to do so without reinstalling the whole thing? And if there isn't, where can I download the latest version of the program prior to 2014 update?

AdrianH

Re: IS2014 is the worst update in the last 2.5 years, how to revert?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:15:06 PM »
Try a full deletion and a fresh install.

I have NONE of these issues on any of the many systems I installed this update on.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
and next version is worked on.   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141743.0

megakoresh

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
and next version is worked on.   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=141743.0
Try a full deletion and a fresh install.

I have NONE of these issues on any of the many systems I installed this update on.
I don't know what you run this on, but I have 3 computers that use this program and all have exactly the same issues, and been having them ever since I upgraded to 2014, with one having these issues since it was in beta several months ago. I will download this new update and see if it fixes anything. The only common thing between these 3 computers is that they all run Windows 7 and they all are connected to the same router (ZyXEL P-2812HNU-F1). As I said, I never had any problems with the old version of the program for all of the years I have been using it.

UPDATE: ok it did help (sort of). The internet is really slow to load for some sites, but at least it works. Tray icon also works now. This thread can be closed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:56:22 PM by megakoresh »