Author Topic: Avast Update  (Read 1695 times)

Welshchick

Avast Update
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »

Hi

I am new to this forum so apologies if I post in the wrong place.  :)
I have the free version of Avast on my laptop which I have had for a few years and keep updating when prompted. I was prompted to update a few days ago and now Avast wont open it keeps displaying the program cant start because HTMLayout.dl is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix this problem, Could someone advise ;D on what to do I am not very techie
Thanks ;D

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
Re: Avast Update
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:44 PM »
Hi and welcome to Avast Forum Welshchick  8)

Try one of these following options:

1) Try "Repair" to avast via Add/remove
2) If above didn't work, uninstall avast via add/remove (it will ask you to restart), download this tool called avast uninstall utility from here http://www.avast.com/en-nz/uninstall-utility and run it in safe mode (follow the instructions). Download this tool and run it in normal mode tool is called Avast Cleanup Tool from here http://rejzor.wordpress.com/avast-cleanup-tool/ and do a manual restart of your computer/laptop.
3) Re-install a fresh new copy of avast free edition and after it has installed do another manual restart of your computer. After restarting, register your new copy of avast.

The new Avast 2014 version 2014.9.0.2008 has a very new look and far more better protection. Getting used to GUI will take time, just gotta know where to find what and where  :)
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Welshchick

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:32:29 PM »

Hi
Thanks for the reply could I ask will this " lOpen (execute) the uninstall utility" be a option to click on to once in safe mode. I have never used safe mode before
Thanks

Rohugh

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »
Clicking on the Avastclear shortcut will ask if you want to open it in safe mode.  After that just follow instructions - all done for you.  :)