Author Topic: Lost paid time at renewal  (Read 1672 times)

Victor C

Lost paid time at renewal
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:29:37 AM »
Hi, I have avast internet security and have been plagued with popups for almost a month to renew which is really annoying for it to go on so long, pester the customer in the last week fine, but daily for a whole month, come on?

Anyway the problem is that the popups say dont worry you wont lose any time the renewal is added and starts at the end of current subscription (which is about a week away)
I decided to go for the premier edition this time and again paid for the 6 licences needed for all my families computers, this went through no problem but I noted on the email received from Avast a rather sinister line as follows:
NOTE: Your license is valid from the day of purchase not the day of activation.

This is completely at odds with what the popups encouraging purchase say, they clearly state the time would run on from the end of the old subscription?

So, my questions are that if I upgrade my existing internet security edition with the premier edition keyfile will the time be added on to start from the current expiry for a whole year, or would it just give me a years date from the point of purchase meaning that I have lost 1 weeks of paid subscription or 2% of the cost of the 6 licence files purchased?

If I stand to lose the time then I would not have made the purchase at this point, but to be informed of one thing, then after purchase be told different doesn't exactly go in line with the consumer regs in the UK.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks in advance.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Lost paid time at renewal
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
I think that only applies if you purchase same edition, but not if you take some other.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Victor C

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »
Thanks for that RejZoR, yes that may be a possibility but it would have been nice if Avast had made this clear 'before' the purchase and not afterwards. I was going to go for the same level of protection which took me to the shopping cart to complete the purchase which incidentally is exactly what taking a higher level of protection did.

I have submitted a ticket with regards the issue, will wait and see what the official line is on this point.

flieg

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 12:20:16 AM »
I have the same problem and I *didn't* upgrade, just renewed my license.  I lost three weeks of coverage and when I filed a complaint I got a totally non-responsive answer.  This is BAD service and fraud!