Author Topic: malwarebytes:successfully blocked...malicious attempt...162.210.19 source: avast  (Read 7323 times)

needshelp3

Heading to bed now, no alerts! :)

what should my next move be?

Offline magna86

• Anti Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Ambulanta MyCity Forum - ASAP Member

You are malware free.   Posted logs are now appear cleans and show no signs of active infection.

Good workman always cleans up after himself.
The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

---    ---    ---    ---    ---    ---    ---    ---    ---    ---    ---

To help AntiVirus to protect your computer and speed it up, I recommend that you download, install and keep the following free programs:
1. Keep Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, update it regularly or from time to time and run a Quick Scan weekly.
Malwarebytes will detect and remove all traces of known malware. MBAM isn't AntiVirus and it can NOT replace it.

2. Keep MCShield Anti-Malware, the tool will be updated regularly and perform auto-checking for malware to each attached USB memory device.
MCShield, has been designed as a lightweight scanner that's smart enough to catch even new worms and work in fully automatic removal mode.

3. It’s recommended to delete Temporary Files every once in a while. Run the tool and click on the Start button and TFC will begin to clean. Then restart the computer.
Temp File Cleaner aka TFC by OldTimer
TFC is small & usefull utility that shall clean up temp files from all userprofiles and system folders.

---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---      ---

How to protect yourself?
-  I recommend that you use one of the fantastic opportunities provided by avast! 2014.

1. Adjust avast! to target PUP software:
Run avast! 2014 by clicking the system tray icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Click on Settings, in the new window that opens, click on Active Protection, then under File System Shield click on gear wheel...
Under Sensitivity part of option check box for Scan for potentialy unwanted programs PUP.

2. avast! Software Updater. Run avast!, click on Tools > Software Updater.
For security reasons, make sure you do update your browser(s), Java, Flash Player, and basically every software you use often.

3. avast! Browser Cleanup.  Run avast!, click on Tools > BrowserCleanup.
Browser Cleanup tool is an integrated tool in avast! AV that allows you the control on browsers unwanted addons.

4. avast! Malware Scan. Run avast!, click on Scan and preform QuickScan by clicking on Start button.
Every once in a whilere, it's recommended to preform virus scan with avast! 2014.

Windows Updates, beeing up to date is very important. Please be sure to activate automatic updates in your control panel.
Widnows XP; Windows Vista; Windows 7 and Windows 8

needshelp3

I'll do my best to keep my computer clean from here on out! Thanks for all your help.