Author Topic: Can't scan by right-clicking on file: Error:During open ATL dialog  (Read 2705 times)

Delinear

I'm getting the following error message whenever I try to scan a file by right-clicking on it in Windows Explorer and choosing "scan" :

" Error:During open ATL dialog. Error number:183 "

It just started after I updated the program on October 8th, before that I was able to right-click and scan. Any idea how I can fix this?

running : Windows XP Media Center Edition

oralcumfix

Re: Can't scan by right-clicking on file: Error:During open ATL dialog
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 02:31:48 AM »
I'm getting the following error message whenever I try to scan a file by right-clicking on it in Windows Explorer and choosing "scan" :

" Error:During open ATL dialog. Error number:183 "

It just started after I updated the program on October 8th, before that I was able to right-click and scan. Any idea how I can fix this?

running : Windows XP Media Center Edition
I'm also getting that error message: "error during open ATL  error number -1"  I'm running windows XP-home, and did a clean reinstall a short time ago. I had to re-download the Avast home workstation and used my previous registration key.  Every time I try to scan a download with a right click, that message comes up! I do not feel very secure right now.  Can you help me?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can't scan by right-clicking on file: Error:During open ATL dialog
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 02:55:57 AM »
Sweaty_bigboy, please don't post twice.
Follow here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=16622.0

Strange that a topic of 2003 wasn't followed up...  ::)
The best things in life are free.