Author Topic: Full System Scan 0% - for hours  (Read 62253 times)

joey6505

Re: Full System Scan 0% - for hours
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
Ok, so it appears that it was likely to be the progress that wasn't doing anything, however the back-end of avast was clearly scanning away. So i managed to scan my computer overnight successfully with no malware on my file system. Its hard to give a time estimate for how long it took to scan all 800GB of files as i wasn't keep a close eye on things, i'd guess around 6 hours.

Anyways thanks guys for your help :D

seeker15

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
You can check it by going to Scan> Scan History> Click the scan history items and look for run time under 'Scan Details' ;)

btw I have around 400 GB of files and that takes approximately around 2 hours so 800 GB could take that much time since its a first scan and usually depends upon the type of files, system configuration, hard drive speed I guess :P
Anyway, you are welcome. TC

joey6505

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 08:14:05 PM »
Ok so the Runtime of the scan was 4:56:57, amount of data tested was 860.9GB with the infected files at 0!

seeker15

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 08:16:44 PM »
Pretty good. Thanks!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »
Ok, so it appears that it was likely to be the progress that wasn't doing anything, however the back-end of avast was clearly scanning away. So i managed to scan my computer overnight successfully with no malware on my file system. Its hard to give a time estimate for how long it took to scan all 800GB of files as i wasn't keep a close eye on things, i'd guess around 6 hours.

Anyways thanks guys for your help :D

Your subsequent scans should be quicker if you use the persistent cache.
Other suggestions; untick "follow links", tick "scan in order files are stored".

The most important news is your machine is clean...great.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

joey6505

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 10:55:48 PM »
Ok so ive optimised my settings now.

Cheers Para-Noid,