Author Topic: Annoying Christmas Ad and popups on Avast Internet Security  (Read 20406 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Annoying Christmas Ad and popups on Avast Internet Security
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »
The unrelated means the popup setting for auto update notifications will have no effect on what is displayed in the UI.

That would be displayed regardless of what would have been displayed in the auto update notifications even if that happened to be the correct auto update notification popup.

There are no settings for the UI, other than the avastUI > Settings > Appearance - Scroll down to the Community Features - Show avast! recommendation features & Show social networking features. I don't believe either of those being unchecked would make any difference as I have had them unchecked for a very long time and I still get the various ads/offers in the UI.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Annoying Christmas Ad and popups on Avast Internet Security
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
Hello,
I don't know if avast is aware on it , but if I never got this ad before , since this morning it really appear  ::)

To my mind , we have to accept that at least until the end of christmas holidays , and will have to open our eyes for the "St Valentin" offert time  ;)

Edit:I have 3 pc protected , just one has this ad. All have the 131222-1 VPS , so it surely appear with some streaming updates

Edit2:just time to post my first edit than ad disappear ... ??? :o ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 09:55:39 AM by chris05 »