Author Topic: Where Are The Actual Screen Saver 'Scan Settings'?  (Read 2993 times)

DeadCaL

Where Are The Actual Screen Saver 'Scan Settings'?
« on: December 15, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
I know how to activate the scan via the Windows Personalise/Screensaver menu, but where are the actual scan settings like Sensitivity etc in Avast?  The help file refers to the way it was done in the old version.  There's no tick box to activate like before and there is no Screen Saver scan listed in the scan section.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Where Are The Actual Screen Saver 'Scan Settings'?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
Try this

DeadCaL

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
Hello
That section opens the screen saver behaviour settings.  I'm looking to amend the scan settings, not the screen saver behaviour.  In the old Avast, it was listed as a scan, just like the the rest of the scan types (Quick Scan, Boot Scan etc).  You could then go into each one and change the scan settings.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:26:57 PM by DeadCaL »

oneupthextraman

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 04:00:14 AM »
I agree. This is most jaunting (not sure if I am using that correctly) from the previous version. I don't want the screen saver to scan my external drives, as they are slower, and take time away from scanning my internal drives, including my C drive, which I suspect would be the first one to be infected. I also would want to adjust how through it is. Does anybody know where this is?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:03:17 PM »
Not sure about this I will have a fiddle... Unless it is within the settings for a full scan

DeadCaL

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 02:55:57 AM »
Someone on YouTube suggested it uses the Full Scan as it's template.  Which would be, well, disappointing to say the least.  A full scan on my PC takes days.  I've got Terabytes of stuff on there.  The whole point of the Screen Saver scan was that it was quick, regular and convenient.

oneupthextraman

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
Anybody else have any input? I would prefer my screen saver to scan only the highly infectable areas of my pc.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »
You have the option of running a quick scan.
Or, you can create a custom scan.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.