Author Topic: "Threat: Rootkit: Hidden file" - Error fixing/finding/accessing & move to chest  (Read 3119 times)

gram27

Anyone know about this and/or have any suggestions?

Couldn't post the screenshot pic here, so uploaded it to my FB;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=767071026641674&l=d2fe1c33e9

Thanx.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Unfortunately it is unreadable... what does it say roughly

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
You can click on the top right to have a bigger image, then you can read everything. ;)
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Did you scan whilst windows was downloading or updating ?

gram27

Doesn't look like it. The Windows update history show that the last update of Windows was installed Desember 16th, 9:54 pm - around 3 hours after the avast! scheduled scan was finished. The second last update was installed Desember 15th, 10:43 pm. However, I see that my scheduled avast! scan is set to start at 1:00 am every monday and Windows is set to install updates automaticly every day at 3:00 am, and at that time my computer is often in sleep mode. In fact it was in sleep mode yesterday (monday Des. 15th) until I came home around 3:00 pm). Avast! is set to wake the system to start the scan if the computer is sleeping, but clearly that don't work. Every time I logon to my computer on monday mornings/evenings and I've been afk since before the sceduled scans start time, the "running scan" popup is there but hasn't actually started (0 % scanned).

Do I have to change those settings so the scan don't run when Windows is set to update?

Is it likely that it is a false positive?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
It could be, could you run another scan with Avast to see if they re-appear