Author Topic: Hello! Questions regarding Win32 virus  (Read 1957 times)

bobdole25

Hello! Questions regarding Win32 virus
« on: December 18, 2013, 02:39:37 AM »
I just started to use Avast and its great as its spotted a bunch of viruses my regular security didn't find. Anyway avast found 12 viruses and they appear to be all the same virus, just in a different format. They are all called "Win 32 virus", or "Win32:SearchProtect-E [Adw]" to be exact. First off, does anyone know what this virus is, what it does, etc.

The other issues are that this virus is stored mostly on another one of my virus softwares "Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security" while another 2 are on my own local/ personal files; so could this just mean avast is conflicting with my anti virus and or personal files meaning there is no real threat, or are they infected?

The next question is then if its a good idea to have and run multiple antivirus/antimalware/antispyware etc software at once.

Thanks for looking at my questions  :)

evita1

Re: Hello! Questions regarding Win32 virus
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 02:49:06 AM »
I have never had 2 antivirus programs installed on the same pc.    I do have Malwarebytes and Avast Internet Security installed and running on the same pc with no issues at all.    I've had malwarebytes and Spybot installed on the same pc but didn't have them running at the same time.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Hello! Questions regarding Win32 virus
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:04:08 AM »
The next question is then if its a good idea to have and run multiple antivirus/antimalware/antispyware etc software at once.
never install multiple AV as this will give you a slow machine, windows errors and false detections

follow instructions and remove one    http://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?article=AVKB11#artTitle

if you want a second scanner, use Malwarebytes   www.malwarebytes.org
if you use removable drives use MCShield usb protector  www.mcshield.net