Author Topic: New ANTI SPYWARE COALITION (official list of partners)  (Read 3121 times)

kamulko

New ANTI SPYWARE COALITION (official list of partners)
« on: June 12, 2005, 03:30:45 PM »
After the failure of the Consortium of Anti-Spyware Technology, is born the Anti Spyware Coalition. Here you can see the Partners... I'm wrong or Google is not in the list? ...eheheh...

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: New ANTI SPYWARE COALITION (official list of partners)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 01:26:07 PM »
Hi Kamulko,

You know on whose initiative this new anti-spyware coalition came about? Right it was Symantec. With Aluria in  the coalition it is formed of some really strange bed-fellows. I think it has to everything to do with arriving  to a common denomination of malware, such like they tried to in the anti-virus world. Maybe they also agreed on the exclusion malware list. True it exists, see bazooka.

Greets,

polonus
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 01:28:29 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

inconnu

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:31:21 PM »
Still don't know quite what to make of this.  I don't entirely trust Symantec.  Or several others I see listed.  Etc. 

On the other hand, the presence of Patrick Kolla and Spybot S&D is reassuring.  As you may remember, he pulled out of COAST  spring '04 or earlier.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:25:40 PM »
Hello inconnu,

Being also in a Dutch anti-spyware forum - knowing what I know from certain sources on the net-  this pack of wolves have some running, that definitely have cleared up their previous act. The anti-spyware business has a reputation of shadiness hanging over it. It makes a lot of people feel shy. I know there was or is a bogus HJT clone for instance, there were quarrels.  The pressure from commerce (and legit webmasters e.o.) is enormous to deal a bit on the side. Not to say there are some that stand firm and live up to standards to deliver a honourable job in clearing spy- and malware from machines.

kindest regards

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!