Author Topic: Remove a file entry from the virus chest without deleting the file itself?  (Read 7358 times)

websave

So avast detected a file needed for a program as a virus and I pressed restore but the file is still in the chest. How do I delete the entry in the chest but not the file itself on my HD?

Whoops! Wrong section, please move.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:33:49 AM by websave »

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Remove a file entry from the virus chest without deleting the file itself?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:21:16 AM »
Why is this is the BETA forum? 9.0.2011 is now a final release.

When you restore a file it remains in the chest AND goes back to the location if was quarantined from IIRC.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Remove a file entry from the virus chest without deleting the file itself?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »
So avast detected a file needed for a program as a virus and I pressed restore but the file is still in the chest. How do I delete the entry in the chest but not the file itself on my HD?

Whoops! Wrong section, please move.

A copy remains in the virus chest (safety measure), if for some reason the restore didn't work you wouldn't want to lose the only copy of the file. Once you confirm that the file is back in the original location, then you can manually remove the copy from the virus chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security