Author Topic: Avast blocking something every time I open a webpage  (Read 2593 times)

lofwyr

Avast blocking something every time I open a webpage
« on: December 24, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
I saw a similar topic while googling this issue that was resolved through this website.  Essentially, Avast is popping up as having blocked something every time I open a new web page.  The object is "https://secure-content-delivery.com", the infection is "URL:Mal" and the Process is something from my chrome browser (terminates in chrome.exe).

I have windows 8 and tried to follow the first steps I saw in the other thread I was looking at, but I was unable to use aswMBR.exe.  Attached are two logs generated with OTL and one log generated with Malwarebytes

Thanks in advance for the assistance

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
Re: Avast blocking something every time I open a webpage
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
Hi,

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.

• After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
Then...

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Under Optional Scan ensure "List BCD" and "Driver MD5" are ticked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

lofwyr

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
Done with those steps.  Log files attached.  I wasn't sure if you wanted the file from adwcleaner so I attached it anyway

Offline TwinHeadedEagle

• Malware Removal Expert
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • Zemana
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »
1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.
To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code: [Select]
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
CHR HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [ilfmnbegmmaappimdipmnmlgpknbkijk] - C:\Program Files (x86)\OApps\chrome-sl.crx
C:\Program Files (x86)\OApps
C:\ProgramData\SetStretch.exe
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp
C:\ProgramData\Temp:18F7B1B7
cmd: ipconfig /flushdns

2. Save notepad as fixlist.txt to your Desktop.
NOTE: => It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

3. Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warned you about the outdated version please download and run the updated version.

How are the things now?
My help is free, however if you'd like to show your appreciation by leaving a donation, it will be much appreciated ------> DONATE

lofwyr

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »
It seems like those suggestions cleared up the issue.  I tried to post the log file generated in the last step but the file is too big.  2400KB and some 450 pages.  If there's a specific portion you need to look at I can try to find it and copy it to another file.  Please let me know.

And thanks for all the prompt help, especially during the holiday season!