Author Topic: Windows 7 Action Center messages stating my firewall & Avast are turned off.  (Read 3358 times)

StGlen333

I just noticed in my system tray that I'm getting Action Center messages stating that my firewall is off and Avast Security is off. I launch Avast and it says "everything is good" and my firewall is active. When I go into my full screen Action Center it states:

"Security
Network Firewall (Important)
Windows Firewall and Avast! Internet Security both report they are turned off."

My Firewall message gives me action choices to:

"Turn on Windows Firewall"
"Turn on Avast! Internet Security"

Choosing to turn on Avast! does not resolve the message issue.

Why is there a conflict in information?  How do I get this resolved?

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
I had the same problem a few days ago but after rebooting everything was fine.

StGlen333

Yes. I chose to turn on Avast! Security Center, and then did a restart. The message center turned off the message. I hope this doesn't come back again.

That's funny you mentioned a few days ago. I saw a log somewhere with entries of my Firewall being turned off, and they started a few days ago.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:23:21 PM by StGlen333 »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
They were fixed using a vps update and some needed multiple reboots.
Other fixes were made with the v.2011 update http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=142936.msg1036519#msg1036519
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.