Author Topic: [Free] Allowing a virus when a popup appears? (Urgent)  (Read 17929 times)

Fatih54102

Re: [Free] Allowing a virus when a popup appears? (Urgent)
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
Anyway which antivirus program is most suitable for me
maybe you want one with no realtime protection? .... then you can do the work with no warning popups
no because i work with real viruses too. there should be realtime protection but also allowing option. Just like MSE.

Aventador

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »
If you are working with real malware then use a VM offline. Better choice is use a dedicated offline machine. Its that easy. Nothing else needs to be addressed.

Fatih54102

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 04:56:42 PM »
If you are working with real malware then use a VM offline. Better choice is use a dedicated offline machine. Its that easy. Nothing else needs to be addressed.
i am using real viruses and my development stuff combined in one pc(VM Offline is a good alternative but it steals time too, as if I open virus I have to reset virtual disk of vm), also i get viruses from internet and so i am not sure whether it is real virus or not.

ram1220

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 10:46:33 PM »
 I thought Avast used to have an "ignore" option. Am I wrong? I wouldn't mind having an "ignore" option myself for the files Avast flags that I know are false positives. But then again I also know what I am doing.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 12:31:28 AM »
It has a No Action (not Ignore) option in the file system shield settings , but that won't allow it to be run, it leaves it in place and takes no other action. If you try to run it again it will still alert/block it from running.

It has a Do Nothing option in the on-demand scan settings, that to just leaves the file in place and if you try to run it the file system shield will jump on it again.

The only Ignore option is in the anti-rootkit scan when a suspect/hidden file is found. This is I believe more because there can be many legit instances of hidden drivers/system files, so rather than delete (the only other option). There are no user configurable settings for the auto anti-rootkit scan about 8 minutes after boot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Fatih54102

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
Hello,
I am using MSE now, but it can not detect crypted viruses.
So I want to switch back to Avast. But is this option added with latest beta or something else?!

Fatih54102

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
It has a No Action (not Ignore) option in the file system shield settings , but that won't allow it to be run, it leaves it in place and takes no other action. If you try to run it again it will still alert/block it from running.

It has a Do Nothing option in the on-demand scan settings, that to just leaves the file in place and if you try to run it the file system shield will jump on it again.

The only Ignore option is in the anti-rootkit scan when a suspect/hidden file is found. This is I believe more because there can be many legit instances of hidden drivers/system files, so rather than delete (the only other option). There are no user configurable settings for the auto anti-rootkit scan about 8 minutes after boot.
Thing I want is adding the Ignore option (placed in anti-rootkit scan) into the classic real-time detection popup.
Please do this as MSE is awful. At least add an option and hide it (to not get attention of dumb users) so that I will be able to use this feature.
Consider this even Microsoft added this option to MSE years ago, and viruses could not exploit this feature. Do like that please.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:38 PM »
Ignore is an option in the anti-rootkit scan that runs 8 minutes after boot.

Outside of that scan it is a normal on-access scan (not a specific anti-rootkit scan) alerting on a signature associated with a rootkit, in these cases the normal file system shield settings apply.

In all honesty exclusion isn't the way to go if you consider something a false positive:
1. confirm by using a multi-engine scanner, such as virustotal.com and report your findings.
2. if avast is the only AV detecting this then, submit as a false positive for analysis and correction
3. once the signature is corrected (if confirmed an FP) there is no need for exclusion. That not only helps you but all other avast users if they have the same file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Fatih54102

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Ignore is an option in the anti-rootkit scan that runs 8 minutes after boot.

Outside of that scan it is a normal on-access scan (not a specific anti-rootkit scan) alerting on a signature associated with a rootkit, in these cases the normal file system shield settings apply.

In all honesty exclusion isn't the way to go if you consider something a false positive:
1. confirm by using a multi-engine scanner, such as virustotal.com and report your findings.
2. if avast is the only AV detecting this then, submit as a false positive for analysis and correction
3. once the signature is corrected (if confirmed an FP) there is no need for exclusion. That not only helps you but all other avast users if they have the same file.
Did the team add Ignore button (works like MSE's) ?

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
I recommend the original poster of this topic goes to wilderssecurity.com, or similar,
and makes an open-ended question to the appropriate forum.

State the problem, but do not "load" the question with what you think the solution should be.

You might get some better answers this way.
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free