Author Topic: Can NOT "Add the file to the scan exclusion list"  (Read 2812 times)

al3x7

Can NOT "Add the file to the scan exclusion list"
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
This has happened several times with multiple applications.

There is no need to specify what application or file is the issue here. I should be able to add the file to the exclusions list instantly. Not have to wait until Avast flags it appropriately.

I'm installing an application, Avast detects it as a false positive and BAM it's gone.

I try to click the "Add the file to the scan exclusion list" button, but it does absolutely nothing.

Before I run for the hills to a competing application, what is going on here?

Will there ever be a fix? Avast acts as if it's broken. It should say "File successfully added to exclusions list" IN GREEN.

topcat1957

Re: Can NOT "Add the file to the scan exclusion list"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
I have the same problem. When AVAST stops a program from running or installing due to a false positive, and it gives me the chance to tell it that it is a false positive, I get a message telling me that AVAST will kind of look into the matter later on and decide what to do about it. Other programs will instantly add that program to the exclusion list. And they have exclusion lists which you can manually edit.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Can NOT "Add the file to the scan exclusion list"
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »
How do you know it is a FP ?    Have you tested the file at www.virustotal.com  ?
Post link to scan result here