Author Topic: Where do I find out how to use Avast features?  (Read 1455 times)

ChrisB

Where do I find out how to use Avast features?
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
I'm running Avast Pro AntiVirus. There are features like Sandbox and SafeZone that are probably useful to me, but I can't find more than a vague indication of how to use them.

For example, I tried using SafeZone to access my online banking - I can access the site from SafeZone, but it's not clear how to get statements, etc, out of the safe zone. In SafeZone, they appear to be in a downloads folder, but when I look in that folder from outside safe zone, they're not there. I don't really want to use trial and error, it takes too long and it's not a good idea with sensitive data.

Another example, there's a green circle with a small white number in an orange square, appeared on my Firefox toolbar. It's something to do with Avast, but what's it called and what's it telling me? Mostly, the number is how many companies are trying to track me, but not always.

These are just examples; the point is, where is the documentation that tell me how to use Avast? Apologies if this is obvious; I've searched the UI, the web and this Forum without success. Thanks.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Where do I find out how to use Avast features?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:05:33 PM »
GUI>Help>Program Help  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

ChrisB

Re: Where do I find out how to use Avast features?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »
Thank you, that's what I've been looking for for weeks!

I had clicked "Help" and seen the choice of Support, Feedback, Remote Assistance or About - I suppose 'Support' is nearest but in my experience, "Support" is something quite different to "program help files" and it never occurred to me to look there. Is that a non-intuitive interface is it just me?