Author Topic: Can't access router  (Read 6636 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Can't access router
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02:28 AM »
Don't worry you are protected. Make sure you re-enable the avast self defense module.
As far as avast free and Comodo Firewall quite a few of us use both with no issues.
Which version of CFW are you using? 6.1? 6.2? 6.3?
If you have any issues with CFW v6.x you can use CFW 5.12 without issues.

By running Comodo do you mean the firewall or the firewall "and" the anti-virus?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

olddog

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 08:20:05 AM »
That actually fixed it, thanks a lot!
My only concern is if this makes my computer less secure somehow, I do have comodo running alongside avast though.

Thanks for the update.

The change in operation of the webshield as a result of the change to webshield.ini should make very little or no difference from a security point of vew.  As you can see from Lukor's (Avast) posts. they are aware of the issues and are working towards a fix.

I you are running Comodo antivirus, be aware that it is not good practice to have two realtime antivirus systems installed at the same time, as it can result in slow downs, and malfunctioning of either or both systems.  If you are referring to Comodo firewall only, then it should play nicely with Avast

avastballe

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »
I'm using the latest version of the comodo firewall, and only the firewall. Thanks again guys.