Author Topic: Thats it I give up - Im done with Avast  (Read 15743 times)

lman

Re: Thats it I give up - Im done with Avast
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
I've gone to a different AV after trying different options in an attempt to get avast working. I tried the fix by Zdenek and it didn't work on my windows xp computer. I've done several clean installs and numerous websites will not load including this one. If someone knows of a fix for Windows xp, I would love to hear it. I have used Avast for several years, but I need access to the internet and the AV I'm now using allows me to access the sites I use.

Offline rnuis

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
I've have gone too a other AV now , i find it strange at this moment that Biitdefender Internet Security 2014 is lighter than Avast Internet Security 2014 but is is true at this moment because i am running Bitdefender now.
Avast internet security 2015 10.0.2208 , MBAM 2.03 ,Firefox 33.03
Windows 8.1 Pro 32Bit

NoelC

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
Bye guys.  It's clear you cared about this decision, or you wouldn't be here still.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.

-Noel

Offline rnuis

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 07:53:15 PM »
Bye guys.  It's clear you cared about this decision, or you wouldn't be here still.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.

-Noel
I was a Avast user for the last 5 years at a row si i am a realy Avast user but the product need too be changed that it is working as it suposed too do.
Avast internet security 2015 10.0.2208 , MBAM 2.03 ,Firefox 33.03
Windows 8.1 Pro 32Bit

NoelC

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 08:03:53 PM »
the product need too be changed that it is working as it suposed too do.

You write as though it's not working as it's supposed to work for everyone.  That's a bit of an overgeneralization. 

I only mention that, not because I want to minimize your experience but because others might read this forum and think everyone's unable to make it work, which is not the case.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a bit of recent trouble with it myself (for the first time in years), but it appears to have been because of a corrupted update - and after having uninstalled and reinstalled it (choosing the options I want) now it's working perfectly.  I wish my experience could apply to everyone.

-Noel

jwoods301

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »
I've have gone too a other AV now , i find it strange at this moment that Biitdefender Internet Security 2014 is lighter than Avast Internet Security 2014 but is is true at this moment because i am running Bitdefender now.

FYI, I would be careful with Bitdefender...

I understand it has deleted files that were quarantined, rather than giving the user the option.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=47724

Rohugh

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »
I used Bitdefender Total security for a while,  I found it more resource heavy than Avast Premier.  It worked well with very few problems and little interference  (I still have a license for it).  I just prefer Avast!   :)

bobo1

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 08:51:50 PM »
No issues on my system of xp fully patched works ok. If any spyware is on your computer or traces of macafees or nortons & Avg. etc. Avast will not work correctly. They have uninstaller programes.

You can get older versions of avast from filehippo.com. I am using version 8 on my main computer
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:58:43 PM by bobo1 »

Randissimo

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 09:08:06 PM »

-Noel
I'm primarily just for my amusement here. :D However, that might die soon enough, but I can't guarantee it.
And nothing's wrong with giving hints to devs why one has (temporarily) turned his/her back on Avast, although I would at least refrain from mentioning other AV solutions.

On a side note: actually, I still do care a little bit about the development of Avast since I continue to use it on a laptop, because I'm too lazy to uninstall it and to install another AV.
Besides, since I don't use it much and especially not as a working station and because there aren't any critical bugs, I simply don't bother with changing AV as long as the system is running fine and dandy.

-Randissimo