Author Topic: I Yogi harrasment  (Read 2330 times)

Offline soozwoowoo

I Yogi harrasment
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:45:01 AM »
is anyone elase having issues with former avast partner I Yogi? they call me continually ,i keep telling them i am not interested in their product [comuter cleanup etc]  every time I refuse their service,my computer freezes up and my avast security is shut off, i used them once when they were affiliated with Avast, i understand Avast is no longer associated with them. has anyone else had a similar problem? 

jwoods301

Re: I Yogi harrasment
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:47:25 AM »
It appears lots of people have had issues with them...

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/03/avast-antivirus-drops-iyogi-support/

Offline soozwoowoo

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:33:41 AM »
hi,
have been using avast for 4 years, signed up with i yogi 2 years ago when had issues with avast, that cost me $160., makes me angry that avast didnt notify me of the issue or that they were not affiliated with them, it has been a nightmare , they call day and night, i tell them "not interested" it does not stop them.  the last 4 times i spoke with i yogi,telling them no thanks, their service is too expensive, my avast is turned off , at first i thought no way, but today it happened again within 3 hours 
thanks for the info, will now contact avast

jwoods301

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 06:00:53 AM »
How would they have access to your system?

Are you allowing them to remote connect, or ?

Alievitan

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »
I was reading some testimonials, they don't use the built in Windows remote control thing to access your computer they use something else, were you paying attention when they were working on your system?  If you could uninstall whatever they installed or reset any of the remote desktop setting they used, that should stop it. 

Last resort will ask for the resident malware removal expert in this forum to look at your system to reset any remote desktop settings or the iyogi software enabling them to remote connect.  It is free and they DO NOT need to remotely control your computer to. 

dprout69

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
Ahhh seriously... if I thought for one second that some malicious company was in my system... I would rebuild it and start over.  Besides the NSA I mean... you know cuz they're cool  :-X

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
If you have issues concerning the third party support contact either  riley(at)avast(dot)com   or   nekvapil(at)avast(dot)com
Please be as specific as possible.

By the way avast hasn't used iYogi for over a year.
That said I do not like nor do I condone high pressure/hard sell tactics.
Doing so is, IMHO, inexcusable and should not be tolerated. Period.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.