Author Topic: purchased new Avast to replace free avast download won't work; help please  (Read 1923 times)

InvisableGirl

I purchased Avast 3PC for windows as upgrade from Avast free.  I received the email with instructions and the download for license but I can't download.
I get this message : "C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Local\Temp could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location."   

I get no option to save to another place, I have already set permission so that I have administration on this computer.

I have OS Windows Vista on this computer.  I haven't tried the download to the other 2 computers yet.    I called the tech number, it answered, rang for individual tech person then stopped ringing and several seconds later hung up on me.   Help Please.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Hi and welcome.
If you need further help, DON'T call the tech support line. Come here first.
I'm on my way out but this might help, try downloading your version here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=142936.0

If not there will be other users who might offer assistance. :)

jwoods301

Change the location of where you're trying to save the download to another folder.

Use My Documents > Downloads.

You have the option to change the download location in your browser before you download.

In Firefox, it's Tools > Options > General tab.

For IE 9, IE 10 and IE 11, it's the gear icon in the upper right hand corner, then View Downloads, then the Options link in the lower left hand corner.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:34:35 AM by jwoods301 »

InvisableGirl

I changed the location as you recommended however I get the same exact message as before.   It doesn't seem to be letting me change the download destination.   

Would it be better for me to uninstall the free version then go back and install the internet security version?