Author Topic: Avast Emergency Updates  (Read 9377 times)

NoelC

Re: Avast Emergency Updates
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 12:39:37 AM »
I didn't get a definitive answer back then, and I don't see any more clarity now...  Is Vlk with Avast?  One other member mentioned that he thought Vlk is the CTO, but there's no solid indication ("Global Moderator, Serious Graphoman" doesn't say much to me).  Are only Avast team members moderators?

-Noel

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
I didn't get a definitive answer back then, and I don't see any more clarity now...  Is Vlk with Avast?  One other member mentioned that he thought Vlk is the CTO, but there's no solid indication ("Global Moderator, Serious Graphoman" doesn't say much to me).  Are only Avast team members moderators?

-Noel

Administrators, Global Moderators and avast! team are all part of the avast! team.

Here is a full list: [some accounts may be inactive]

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=groups;sa=members;group=24

And as far as I know, Vlk is still with avast!.

He was last on the forum on 27th December.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:46:19 AM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

jwoods301

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 12:45:13 AM »
The CTO sorta looks like Vlk...

http://www.avast.com/en-us/about

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:50:47 AM by jwoods301 »

GreggH

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »

-Noel

Lord.....

I first worked with Ondrej (aka vlk) during the Win Vista beta, working to get Avast running under Vista. He has been CTO for a long time, and remains so, to the best of my knowledge (and according to the web site). He definitely knows his stuff, so I have a very strong tendency to trust what he says.

Is this enough of a "solid indication"? (Oh, and jwoods link to the management team does show him as CTO of you need more :-))

Gregg

NoelC

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 02:52:13 PM »
Thanks for setting me straight, folks.

It would probably be better if the Avast! employees would have show solid indication about who they are when they post here.  With security software, especially, statements of those actually in-the-know vs. other folks' observations can be quite important.

-Noel