Author Topic: Latest antivirus update problems  (Read 1422 times)

annsig

Latest antivirus update problems
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:46:51 AM »
Dear Avast,

I had to uninstall the late Dec. antivirus update because it resulted in problems with my computer's functioning.

Websites that I use professionally were unable to function fully, which was a problem.

Also, the idea of informing Avast users of the numbers of companies tracking site activity is sound, but the update needed to be more fully developed. Users need to be able to inform Avast if the website in question is safe and needs to not be blocked in any way. We also need an option to simply turn off the ad tracking function for individual websites.

This makes the last two updates that have caused issues. I like Avast, but will find another antivirus product if the updates are going to be problematic.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Latest antivirus update problems
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »
The Avast Online Security (AOS) plugin/add on works for some people and others have issues. If it doesn't work for you, I'd disable it till the next program refresh.

It doesn't affect the protection since all the web traffic and malicious blocking is done by the Web Shield.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •