Author Topic: Avast Free + PrivateFirewall= black screen at start  (Read 20506 times)

newhere2

Re: Avast Free + PrivateFirewall= black screen at start
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 12:25:01 PM »
i have the avast and comodo firewall (only firewall) updated and when emergency updates starts on logon i have to kill runonce.exe or restart 3 times for it to stop doing this.
then i have 1-2 months of piece before avast does it again.
seems like its avast's fault, PFW and now comodo, well done avast.

at least im happy to see im not the only one having this, i suspected avast in the past but now i know i was right!!
windows 7 sp1 64bit

and yet other people using the exact same combinations of security have zero issues .............  avast/PFW work without any of these problems for me.

Maybe your firewall settings are incorrect.
The problems is clearly Avast's,it's hard to believe that we all who reported this problem are newbies and don't know how to use a properly configured firewall.PWT and Comodo,that's clearly not a coincidence.And again,i'm using Privatefirewall for more than 2 years (with Panda Cloud,AVG,Avira,Bitdefender AV Pro) and i NEVER faced something like this.
just ignore adrian, avast is the problem its a fact not an opinion.

Romagnolo1973

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »
We decect the issue: emergency updates starts at logon conflicts with some third parties FW (PF, CIS and I think others) but Avast devs seems silents.
More than evidence the problem we can't do, or we can do just a thing: change Av
I think next time emergency update start at logon the problem return because is not solved

JoeBlack40

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »
Yes,it seems odd that nobody from Avast doesn't seem present and don't reply a few words about this issue.

NoelC

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »
Out of curiosity - and this is NOT a criticism, just an attempt to understand:  What do these 3rd party firewalls bring to the party that Windows' firewall doesn't?

I'm just curious why people use them.

-Noel

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
Out of curiosity - and this is NOT a criticism, just an attempt to understand:  What do these 3rd party firewalls bring to the party that Windows' firewall doesn't?

-Noel
Ease of use/configuration and Hips, blocking lists.

Baton

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 07:11:59 AM »
The same problem: avast 2014.9.0.2013 + comodo 6.3.302093.2976.
Black screen on windows startup. I need to kill explorer process and run it again for desktop show, but no autorun programs start, so i need to reboot my pc and the everything strating fine.
For now i delete trigger "Run on user logon" in scheduler for "avast! Emergency Update".

AdrianH

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:05 PM »
The same problem: avast 2014.9.0.2013 + comodo 6.3.302093.2976.
Black screen on windows startup. I need to kill explorer process and run it again for desktop show, but no autorun programs start, so i need to reboot my pc and the everything strating fine.
For now i delete trigger "Run on user logon" in scheduler for "avast! Emergency Update".

This thread is about Private Firewall, not Comodo.

Try here >> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=145293.0

JoeBlack40

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »

-Noel
Ease of use/configuration and Hips, blocking lists.
Exactly,100% agree.