Author Topic: bsod  (Read 1795 times)

ghoffman

bsod
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »
I recently got rid of Kaspersky 2014 because it was causing problems with my os ( win7 64 bit). I downloaded avast free version and all went well. or so I thought. I now keep getting blue screens at least once a day and who crashed is telling me it is cause by aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software). is there a way to fix this, is this something in the free program to force me to update, or do I need to try a different av program?  thanks for any help someone can give me.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: bsod
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
I recently got rid of Kaspersky 2014 because it was causing problems with my os ( win7 64 bit). I downloaded avast free version and all went well. or so I thought. I now keep getting blue screens at least once a day and who crashed is telling me it is cause by aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software). is there a way to fix this, is this something in the free program to force me to update, or do I need to try a different av program?  thanks for any help someone can give me.

Did you remove Kaspersky with the Kaspersky Removal tool for remove all remnants?

http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

jwoods301

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 07:42:06 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:45:57 PM by jwoods301 »

ghoffman

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:41:18 PM »
I removed Kaspersky with the Kaspersky removal tool.  I looked through the other posts that this is a known issue, so, there is no known fix then? will I need to use the avast clear tool and swich to a different AV program?