Author Topic: aswRvrt.sys causing boot to lag  (Read 1544 times)

Offline AlEebee

aswRvrt.sys causing boot to lag
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:38:42 PM »
Following a power dip I had to reboot my machine - running Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Avast 2014.9.0.2011 - in Safe mode.

It has been starting up slowly recently, and when running up Safe Mode I noticed that it waited on aswRvrt.sys before eventually continuing to the User login page.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this? There is plenty of space on the main drive, and the drives report as 0% fragmented

jwoods301

Re: aswRvrt.sys causing boot to lag
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:27:49 PM »
It's possible the driver was corrupted.

You might try a Repair first, or you may wish to do an uninstall using the Avast Uninstall Utility and then re-install (clean install).

Randissimo

Re: aswRvrt.sys causing boot to lag
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »
It's possible the driver was corrupted.
Did he drink too much? xD

Anyways, back to topic:
I would try to
- use an image restore or a system restore point
- try the options to not check for rootkits at start up and to load Avast Services only after the other services
- check the S.M.A.R.T values with CrystalDiskInfo
- use chkdsk /f /r (it might take a few hours, so do it when you don't need your computer for a long time and be sure to backup any important data) and
sfc /scannow in elevated command line to check and repair possible drive and Windows code integrity errors
- do a boot-time scan

Else, you might consider buying a good Solid-State-Drive or mSata-SSD instead of your old HDD to boot from. It's really worth the money for the comparable less space provided.

p.s.: I would also consider calling an electrician to do a current check. In the worst case, you might also need to switch power supply and/or motherboard and/or other components, too. Also, just to make sure: you don't plug the PSU along with all kind of other things on the same power strip?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:56:27 AM by Randissimo »