Author Topic: Avast not working and will not register  (Read 32197 times)

Gwenn_Wallace

Re: Avast not working and will not register
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 08:07:53 PM »
Hi. I was having the issue where the program was expiring and the [Register Now] button would just time out and do nothing. What I did was the off line registration via the web. There is a button on the bottom that lets you register via the web to get a license key. I did that and they emailed me the free registration license key. I used that option and copied and pasted the key and it worked and registered the program.

Gwenn_Wallace

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 08:12:35 PM »
The Register Now button was not working for me either. It would just time out. So I used the register via the web button and they emailed me a free license key. You fill out the online form and they email you a license key for the free version. Then I used the enter key button and copied and pasted it there. And now it's registered and works.

Ryusa

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »
I'm sorry for letting this post appear again, I also have the same problem but I resolved.  I thought this problem maybe coursed by a third-party software's compatibility.
This day, after my system finish it's Startup programs and services, I install Avast! Pro and insert my license (yep, I brought today) and when it finished, it's OK. But when I restart my system, I got the 0-day problem as you said. Then I checked my Startup program, I found the MacType, a text-rendering-enhancing software, I disabled it's auto-launching when system start option (also you can use any method, for me, I use the Task Manager and turn to the Startup page, then disable it), and restarted my system, the my Avast! Pro work again!
Perhaps this original poster will not check this post again, but I think I should still write down this, maybe any other people need it.
Cheers.

Ps: Also I found a related-post in a site, http://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-1580563-1-1.html (Chinese).
Pss: My OS: Win8 Pro x64

dangerfree

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
I had same problem, there was no registration option.

You can register here, get license key via mail and activate as per instruction in email.

http://www.avast.com/en-in/registration-free-antivirus.php

All the best