Author Topic: Managing Remote Employees / Installations  (Read 2571 times)

ParagPA

Managing Remote Employees / Installations
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:24:36 AM »
Hello,

I apologize if this is a FAQ. I've searched and didn't find an answer.

I am new to avast console management and managed deployments. I have purchased 20 EPP licenses. About 15 computers are in our main office, on our main internal network. I will have a near-dedicated machine that will be used to host the SOA.

I also have three remote employees in other states. We do have a VPN, but don't regularly use it. They use their own ISPs and networks, with machines that the company provides.

Can they have managed installs on their computers? Basically, will the following work:

1) I use a static internal IP (LAN side) for the machine with the SOA
2) I set up the appropriate port forwarding for the SOA on our router.
3) I configure the SOA to create links that use our WAN (static) IP to link to the deployment package (although I don't mind emailing if necessary)
4) Most importantly - can the deployed remote clients be configured to contact the SOA via the right WAN address and port? If so, how?
5) Do the remote employees have to configure their routers to allow port forwarding of any kind so that I can send commands to their installations? Or will the avast EPP client automatically handle that through UPnP?

Any help is appreciated... I haven't started the deployment yet, so I'd much rather get it right the first time.

Thanks,
Parag

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: Managing Remote Employees / Installations
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »
Yes, you can do all you need but not with ASOA. You have to install avast! Enterprise Administration AEA to manage remote clients and different IP ranges.

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Managing Remote Employees / Installations
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
Yes, you can do all you need but not with ASOA. You have to install avast! Enterprise Administration AEA to manage remote clients and different IP ranges.
He can use SOA too, however the clients will have to be installed manually on the roaming machines.

The management server listens on port 25322 (TCP/UDP), so this port has to be opened/forwarded. Later he could download the installation package from ADMIN > Settings > Setup and install it on the client machines. Finally he has to change the server address from avast! Client UI > Settings > Troubleshooting > Administration Console > Server name / IP providing his WAN IP address and allow the clients to connect from avast! SOA > NETWORK > Group view (a message will be shown at the top).