Author Topic: Does anyone have issues with RoBuoSaiver extension?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline VaygrEmpire

Does anyone have issues with RoBuoSaiver extension?
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
I have no idea what this is. I use Chrome (only chrome) and 2 days ago when I turned my computer on and accessed internet through Chrome as I do everyday, I noticed there was an advertisement window popping up. As some of you may have noticed, I have AdBlock installed, so this is very very rare.

In fact, it shouldn't be happening at all. But somehow there was a hole somewhere where even Avast! couldn't catch.

So I did quick scan, full system scan, boot-time scan and yeah it came up with 3-4 stuff which were moved to chest and which I also deleted. But this RoBuoSavier is still there and still create safesaver advertisement whenever I access internet.

I did everything these guys explained as well.

malwaretips.com/blogs/safe-saver-virus-removal/

None of these work. Google search didn't return any single information about this extension.

I have Avast! Internet Security. My OP is Windows 7 Professional x64

I can disable and it doesn't do anything (or it seems like...since it's malware who knows what's it doing) but I'm going crazy. Can someone help me with this Out-Of-Nowhere suspicious extension?

AdrianH

Re: Does anyone have issues with RoBuoSaiver extension?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:22:27 AM »
It is a program that was bundled with something you installed, it is not a " virus"

Reading the page you linked, people have removed this using the instructions given.

Readers have also supplied tips.

You can also remove the program with Revo uninstaller. 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline VaygrEmpire

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »
Adwcleaner, JRT don't work. I was able to kill be though by directly deleting its folder. Thanks guys. I don't usually read readers' replies but one of them actually helped me!

Right now I have TuneUp, Avast! running in background and normally they take care of most problems. But as a result of this incident, it seems they don't really protect perfectly.

Btw, does Avast Internet Security also provide malware protection? Because I did not install anything but windows update, avast update, 3 games through Steam, and iTunes. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be bundled with such malware. If Avast does not provide, is there something I can use? Something that automatically does its job and take care of problem.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
Btw, does Avast Internet Security also provide malware protection? Because I did not install anything but windows update, avast update, 3 games through Steam, and iTunes. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be bundled with such malware. If Avast does not provide, is there something I can use? Something that automatically does its job and take care of problem.
All levels of avast provide malware protection, if you'd like to beef up that protection then Malwarebytes would be the top recommended program to run secondary scans with, the pro version will give you realtime protection that runs with avast.