Author Topic: "No threats found"  (Read 2059 times)

Kassebasse

"No threats found"
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »
I have trusted avast for abut five years. But I'm not so sure what I should think anymore :/ I have installed Windows XP on a virtual machine, and install avast on that machine. I have used malwaredomainlist.com (the site is safe, but it has links that are unsafe) to download viruses, and avast hasn't detect much of the threats. Maybe 2 of 11. What should we do about this? Any suggestions? I have all the vuruses in a VHD file.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: "No threats found"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 01:03:31 PM »
have you tested the files at www.virustotal.com  /  www.metascan-online.com  /  www.jotti.org

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:06:26 PM by Pondus »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »
undetected files and false positives can be reported here

You can upload files and report issues to avast  lab here: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php  (change subject according to Your case)

you can use mail
send to virus@avast.com in a password protected zip file
mail subject:  False Positive / undetected sample (select subject according to your case)
zip password:  infected

or you can send files from avast chest
how to use the chest.   http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB21

Kassebasse

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »
Yes, I have. And Malwarebytes says that it is malware. Panda Cloud is also detecting malware. I have the latest virus database on avast.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »
Yes, I have. And Malwarebytes says that it is malware. Panda Cloud is also detecting malware. I have the latest virus database on avast.
well, then ...they can be false positives by those few that detect!.... or they are very new
no security program have 100% detection

you may post link to scan reults here ..... and use options posted above and send to avast lab

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:10:14 PM by Pondus »