Author Topic: Firewall issues and tracking issues with Avast,  (Read 7162 times)

Offline dsscot

Firewall issues and tracking issues with Avast,
« on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:54 PM »
I'm running Windows 7 Home Prem., Service pack 1 and Avast Internet security (paid) version ; 2014.9.0.2011.
Avast is not letting me turn on my Firewall or, says it isn't on and it will not block companies that is trying to track me as it did before I done the last Avast Program update. In my control/action center, it is saying my Firewall is on and Avast is telling me it is not! (?)

Also, it shows in my "action center" the two security programs that is available but will not let me turn either on, one being Avast
Internet Security.

I was wondering if there is a fix for this? (All my windows updates are updated, or so it says.) Thanks.

Offline dsscot

Re: Firewall issues and tracking issues with Avast,
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
I hate reply's to my own however, I did find in another post:

"Re: cannot turn on firewall
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »

Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot."

It did fix the Firewall issue but not the blocking of companies who try to track my browsing.

Offline dsscot

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
"Re: cannot turn on firewall
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:28:06 AM »

Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot."

This information ^^^ came from here and was posted by a member from the avast support here on this support forum.
I wish I could find the original post, but cannot seem to find it as I'm new here.
But I will say/tell this;

I pay for my AVAST Internet Security and with all the "problems" I've had now within the past month or so,
I have called tech support right around 3 times for help and with no solutions to my "problems" I was having!
I followed the post instructions I posted above and my AVAST is working as good as ever!

Now then, over the past month or so while on the telephone with AVAST technical support, why couldn't
THEY have told me about this EASY fix to my problems???

The ONLY thing they could help me with and a "solution", one was a one time fix (for them to fix controlling my PC) at
a tune of $117 (or so), or a tune of 177 BUCKS for a year....!!!! And I come here on the support forums
and BINGO, problem(s) SOLVED!

I would like for a support person here to please tell me why, while on the phone with AVAST TECH SUPPORT, W H Y
"they" 3 different people could not have told me all I needed to do was to "repair" the avast program???

I've bought Avast for a while now and to tell the truth.....I DO NOT think I'll be renewing my paid version!!!

VERY, VERY disappointed with over-the-phone tech support!!! I say, WTH? to the """support""" I received!!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 06:27:29 AM »
...I have called tech support right around 3 times for help and with no solutions to my "problems" I was having!
I followed the post instructions I posted above and my AVAST is working as good as ever!

Now then, over the past month or so while on the telephone with AVAST technical support, why couldn't

The ONLY thing they could help me with and a "solution", one was a one time fix (for them to fix controlling my PC) at
a tune of $117 (or so), or a tune of 177 BUCKS for a year....!!!! And I come here on the support forums

I would like for a support person here to please tell me why, while on the phone with AVAST TECH SUPPORT, W H Y
"they" 3 different people could not have told me all I needed to do was to "repair" the avast program???

Please report your experience to Adam Riley: riley[at]avast.com
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline dsscot

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 03:14:31 PM »
Thank you for your response, Asyn.
And also thank you for the contact information, very much appreciated.

notbeinghelped

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 05:35:08 AM »
...I have called tech support right around 3 times for help and with no solutions to my "problems" I was having!

Please report your experience to Adam Riley: riley[at]avast.com

Hello Asyn,
May I ask who Adam Riley is?

Here's why I ask: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144219.msg1046712#msg1046712
I might use that email address as well.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
Thank you for your response, Asyn.
And also thank you for the contact information, very much appreciated.

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 07:03:49 AM »
Hello Asyn,
May I ask who Adam Riley is?

He's avast! Third Party Support Manager.