Author Topic: Two questions about SafeZone  (Read 2711 times)

nine9s

Two questions about SafeZone
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
I am thinking of getting Avast Pro in order to get SafeZone, so I want to make sure SafeZone can do what I want.

I want to be able to look at my banking and brokerage sites and manually update some Excel files from my view of those sites (note activity I see on my accounts at those those sites manually into Excel spreadsheets), plus download some PDF files from my brokerages. 

Two questions related to that please:

1) With a one monitor PC, on WIndows 7, will I be able to minimize the SafeZone view so that I can see both minimized Excel spreadsheets and the minimized SafeZone view of its browser at same time or will SafeZone always take a full screen and I will have to alt tab out of it back to my regular O/S view nevering being able to view both at the same time?

2) Will SafeZone allow me to save PDF files from a site in its browser to my regular files or does it quarantine them or not let me save them to my regular file system or anything?

Thanks for any help.

nine9s

Re: Two questions about SafeZone
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:57:10 PM »
Anyone with SafeZone mind checking if it can be minimized and you can others parts of your computer and it at the same time?

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:38 AM »
hi nine9s,

Best way to see if avast! Pro meets your needs is to trial it for thirty days.  You can always go back to the free version at any time.

Note:  Do not use System Restore to remove the trial version as avast! self-defense module does not like to be switched back to an older (not the current environment) and a restore will likely result in a dead a/v until repaired.  Workaround for that, if you really must, is to disable self-defense first, and then do the restore.  Reboot and then re-enable the self-defense module.

Preferred method is to uninstall, reboot, install the version you want, reboot, register.  This way all files related to the pro version are removed.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:58:54 PM »
Anyone with SafeZone mind checking if it can be minimized and you can others parts of your computer and it at the same time?

If I understand your question, I don't believe that's possible.

Offline sandhill

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:14:53 PM »
Should be able to webmail a file to yourself and then work on it with ordinary spreadsheet. I don't see how to open or install a spreadsheet in Safezone.