Author Topic: Unable to virus chest win 32 Trojans and virus  (Read 3660 times)

williamh

Unable to virus chest win 32 Trojans and virus
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »
Hello everyone,

I see that the above has been mentioned before. I have installed Avast on a Mac Pro desktop and when running a virus scan the following 10 virus were detected. All win 32 trogans and others (see attached jpeg)

I cannot put them in the virus chest as it will not allow this action.

Please help

Offline specimen9999

Re: Unable to virus chest win 32 Trojans and virus
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
As you can see by the path they are all in the trash already, just empty the trash to get rid of them permanently.

williamh

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I am unable to empty the trash -can. The trash-can simply will not delete these.  It tells me they are locked. I unlock the files but still they will not go away.I cannot delete them in the Avast window either. I get the following message. see jpeg

Thanks again.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:13:18 PM »
The items are locked because you apparently tried to delete them while they were already in the virus chest. Just reboot to unlock them or press command and then right click on the trash icon to select 'secure delete'.

williamh

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
 :(

Still in the Trash can. I am unable to delete these files by any means. It tells me files are locked still. it asks if i want to delete unlocked files only. I say yes. it attempts than stops.

Anyone out there that can assist. Can I get these out the trash can by restoring them somewhere and than attempt to Quarantine them. I know they are Win 32 files so shouldn't do anything to the OS system but still need to get rid of them.

Thanks