Author Topic: Avast android mobile detect most apps as virus  (Read 16439 times)

parulk30

Re: Avast android mobile detect most apps as virus
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
Hello avast team,

why anyone not reply me? ...this is forum where we are able to discuss own problem and issue , and getting knowledge about products.

Thanks

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 09:07:32 PM »
Hi,

there is very little point in writing anything if I don't know the answers you seek.

Filip

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
Parulk,

What is it you don't understand or don't know?
Stealing?
Sensitive information?
Without a user knowing what happens?

parulk30

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 05:25:44 AM »
Parulk,

What is it you don't understand or don't know?
Stealing?
Sensitive information?
Without a user knowing what happens?

Thanks for reply.

I am understand all my point i want your team view. for which basic your antivirus display PUP message because other call recorder pass by your team. i am using paid version application why its display PUP ?

for 3rd party app means :- user don't know about app and someone hide and record call but here TR display in app list and user own install app that mean user want to use this app so why its called 3rd party ?

Some other member wrote this "Paid applications can also be dangerous" how to say that ? i want answer because to my knowledge paid app is safe here application don't display any ads and user felling safe...application create owner responsible for this who's provide safe service because user use Paid service.

In TR case, please download this app and please let me know where you will get ads in both version Free and Paid.

stealthily on a phone without user's consciousness" ? --- here user own install app and user want own service how to say that its "stealthily on a phone without user's consciousness" ?" , In TR, please go to setting option make setting which you want.

Without a user knowing what happens? :- here user install app so how to say that user don't know about same.

Please explain me what's means by " stealing sensitive information" ?

Note :- Application owner make app for user, here user depend how to use app its user responsible not antivirus company so should be pass TR and please explain me why antivirus display PUP ? 

as i mentioned here

It seems odd that a company like Avast would intentionally flag a single Call Recorder app, and no others, almost as if they're intentionally screwing with Total Recall. I would think that's very much illegal.
Thanks,

cpguru21

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 06:28:06 PM »
Paul,

Not to sound like a broken record here, but all your points were answered in this forum post as well as the other post regarding TR.

Lets speak in general terms here.....

Just because you pay for an app, does not mean its safe.  There are a lot of apps out there that collect sensitive information about you.  Most use this information for ads, as you point out.  I understand that TR paid version does not use ads.  It still saves (or could be used to do so) personal information about you.  It is because of this POTENTIAL, that the app is flagged as such.  It does not matter if you "think" the app is safe.  It does not even matter if the developer has absolutely no malice intent at all and is the most stand up developer around.

It is quite simple to understand.

If TR thinks their app should be flagged differently, then there is a protocol (like with every company) that they need to go through to try to resolve what they think an issue is.  And be professional about it.  If they don't, then the user suffers.

Be reasonable and ration and you will receive a reasonable and rational results.

parulk30

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 06:07:57 AM »
Paul,

Not to sound like a broken record here, but all your points were answered in this forum post as well as the other post regarding TR.

Lets speak in general terms here.....

Just because you pay for an app, does not mean its safe.  There are a lot of apps out there that collect sensitive information about you.  Most use this information for ads, as you point out.  I understand that TR paid version does not use ads.  It still saves (or could be used to do so) personal information about you.  It is because of this POTENTIAL, that the app is flagged as such.  It does not matter if you "think" the app is safe.  It does not even matter if the developer has absolutely no malice intent at all and is the most stand up developer around.

It is quite simple to understand.

If TR thinks their app should be flagged differently, then there is a protocol (like with every company) that they need to go through to try to resolve what they think an issue is.  And be professional about it.  If they don't, then the user suffers.

Be reasonable and ration and you will receive a reasonable and rational results.

who's paul ? i am parulk30

you taking about my reply ?

You are techincal preson? if yes, please tell me how to say that paid is not safe. if you are right so i am just going to all paid app company and claiming " your paid app not safe" your share my information ( i am also taking this forum screenshot and your reply..you told me ) and then not reply for company side so i will go "public grievances" of INDIA and open ticket about same ...why some person called paid app is not safe ?

Other call recorder while user download own risk and Avast team pass ..here how to say its not share information ?
if i am using paid TR, so avast display PUP why ? still i am not getting answer.

If you flag TR so also flag all call recorder as flag and PUP.

Hi cpguru21 please also reply me all my above question, this is best place where i have right to get all question answer.

Hope i will get positive reply soon.

Thanks,
Parulk30

Offline Blobba

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
Hi parulk30,

you received a lot of answers from so many people in this forum and you still don't get the point. For you it's black and white only. You are at the position that a “paid” app should be save by default. But this isn’t true. I can create a billable app which is going to download all your private contacts to my spam server. The best thing is, you are paying for this “service”.

What the guys are trying to tell you is, that there is a “risk” in your app, form a security point of view, that the app could do things you may not won’t. 

Regards

parulk30

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
Hi parulk30,

you received a lot of answers from so many people in this forum and you still don't get the point. For you it's black and white only. You are at the position that a “paid” app should be save by default. But this isn’t true. I can create a billable app which is going to download all your private contacts to my spam server. The best thing is, you are paying for this “service”.

What the guys are trying to tell you is, that there is a “risk” in your app, form a security point of view, that the app could do things you may not won’t. 

Regards

OK fine if its not safe i will send to mail to all my paid app to company about same.

For TR, please called to avast team and ask about same ..send request to all call recorder should be display PUP not only TR.

If Avast team, display PUP message to all call recorder that will fine otherwise Avast team Pass TR as well .

parulk30

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »

Regards

form a security point of view :-  1. Avast antivirus why pass other call recorder ?
                                                  2.  Other call recorder why safe ?
                                                  3.  Why only TR issue ?

Again i want your reply about same.

Thanks

parulk30

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 06:32:06 AM »
stranger !!  :-\

No one answer my question because i am true and no other want to support true thing.