Author Topic: PLEASE DO NOT FORCE GOOGLE CHROME ON US  (Read 3120 times)

REDACTED

PLEASE DO NOT FORCE GOOGLE CHROME ON US
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:57:49 PM »
I booted my computer up and began browsing on my default browser, Waterfox (Firefox) and was surprised to see it was no longer my default browser. Not having installed another browser, I was confused. After some research and remembering Avast had an update, it all clicked together. Avast forced Google Chrome install as well as marking it as the default browser.

Dude, NOT COOL TO INSTALL PROGRAMS AGAINST THE WILL OF THE USER! Please do not force programs on consumers that they do not need. You should definitely offer programs like Google Chrome, but please...DO NOT FORCE THEM UPON US WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION!

Thank you.

REDACTED

Re: PLEASE DO NOT FORCE GOOGLE CHROME ON US
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 08:07:12 PM »
So you not only get the Chrome browser in addition to any current browser you installed avast also delivers you the Safezone browser.  :o

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: PLEASE DO NOT FORCE GOOGLE CHROME ON US
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »
...avast also delivers you the Safezone browser.  :o
Not anymore, it has been fixed in build 2261.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0