Author Topic: Safe Price Addition To Avast - Are You Kidding Me?  (Read 128069 times)

grovegal

Safe Price Addition To Avast - Are You Kidding Me?
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:20:29 AM »
Adding this Safe Price plugin or whatever it is to my browser without asking me is not a cool thing to do. Shame on  you Avast.  I am on a product that I sell on Amazon and lo and behold, this plugin tells me who is selling it cheaper on ebay.  Gee great thanks,  you just sent customers away from my product!

Whoever's bright idea this was did not consider the ramifications of hurting your customer's business - let alone explain this was being added and how to get it off.

There's another topic here with instructions - these instructions do NOT work for me.  I have 2 choices when I X out - disable for 24 hours on Amazon, disable 24 hours on all sites.  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=143068.0 

Someone please tell me how to disable this on my browser PERMANENTLY

I've used Avast for six years.  Unless you stop this plugin that interferes with my business, I will never use Avast again.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:47:25 AM by hectic-mmv »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Safe Price Addition To Avast - Are You Kidding Me?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 11:45:31 AM »
It's not avast fault your products are priced higher than your competitors, you'll have to become more competitive.

The whole idea of Safe Price is to save customers from being ripped off, no different to sites like Wotif or Trip Adviser which also find the cheapest prices for customers.

Personally I haven't seen Safe Price but if you cant disable via the avast online security settings then try right clicking the toolbar at top of your browser or you might be able to remove it by using the change feature in Programs and Features.

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:05:14 PM »
Or you could use some good old business accumen and use the tool to your advantage  ;) ;) ;)

Knowing your competitors , their prices and business methods is the key to success.

Instead of moaning about this tool, why not think about how you can use it to improve your business? 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:18:29 PM by AdrianH »

Hammey

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »
Hi just because it is cheaper from eBay does not make it better. I would sooner buy it from a local store and if you have problems they will give you a new part or sort it out, that is worth more than saving 20 $. I guess they will include a word processor in Avast soon.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 04:22:58 PM »
I prefer to buy locally to support businesses in my hometown.
But if I can drive twenty five miles to save $20 to $25 then so be it.

People like to save money. After all it's their money.

@Hammey  If it's the exact same product then the quality remains the same and the consumer saves money
                  by shopping elsewhere. Competition has a price.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

kodl

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »
I still do not understand why is this "plugin" included in Avast. What is the next step? Plugin for car dealers?
Your product was developed (I believe) for protection against intrusion/harm from internet and removal viruses from computers. Now explain what security enhancement this n"plugin" adding to ANY computer?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »
I still do not understand why is this "plugin" included in Avast. What is the next step? Plugin for car dealers?
Your product was developed (I believe) for protection against intrusion/harm from internet and removal viruses from computers. Now explain what security enhancement this n"plugin" adding to ANY computer?
I believe the plugin not only points to cheapest but also to safe and reputable purchases.

The plugin should be disabled by default, if you don't want it then don't use it.

kodl

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »
@craigb, really? How about, those "safe and reputable" companies are just paying Avast to do marketing for them? I believe that's main reason why they that plugins is there. I know lots of compenies are trying same things, but you are the first to explain it this way. LOL

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
@craigb, really? How about, those "safe and reputable" companies are just paying Avast to do marketing for them? I believe that's main reason why they that plugins is there. I know lots of compenies are trying same things, but you are the first to explain it this way. LOL
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and each and every further post you place makes less sense every time, I'm done with you so goodbye  ::)

kodl

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
@craigb, I'm one big ear. Explain all those things I do not understand. I like to learn something new.

jldjs

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
craigb really?
"You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and each and every further post you place makes less sense every time, I'm done with you so goodbye "

And you are a representative for Avast support?
I come to this forum because I am experiencing problems with one of your products and am looking for solutions and explanations.  Been a long user of Avast, and my problem now of 9.0.2011 not installing on XP SP3 was answered with "reinstall it"  Gee!  And now I see your answer to another user!  Keep it up and you may not have any users to "help"!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
jldjs maybe you need to follow some of kodl's posts to see why he was give that reply then you might not butt into matters that are not of your concern ::), on top of that I'm an avast user just like you :o

jldjs

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »
My mistake on you being an Avast Support rep, therefore my apologies to you. 

kodl

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
craigb, I'm still want to learn from you. Please explain what I do not understand.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »
craigb, I'm still want to learn from you. Please explain what I do not understand.
Everything has already been explained so maybe go back and re-read and my former statement still holds true and I don't wish to discuss anything further with you.