Author Topic: Avast blocking every programme on my phone and tablet with message ELF:Lootor  (Read 5070 times)

blastedkane

HI,

I have a Nexus 7 II and an xperia Z1 and have been using avast free on both.  however they have both started to experience the same problem.

when trying to run any program on either device it is immediately flagged as malware by avast.  For example on the phone the log currently shows that both Chrome and TUGO are potentially PUP   wii had th the additional message ELF:Lootor-G (and C)

On the Nexus 7 I had 15 malware alerts and the tablet would not function.  almost as if all of the software was seeing any working program as a PUP and blocking it.  I had to uninstall avast from the nexus 7 to get anything to work and then I installed 2 other suites (Sophos and AVG) and ran a sweep which show no issues.

The only thing that I think is also worth i=mentioning is that I had a notification from my facebook app that i had been tagged in a video by a family member.  I tried to watch the video on both devices and this appears to be when the problems started.

I also notice from the android store that someone else (Troy Starkey) appears to have experienced the same issue (on the same day as me).  Is there an issue with the avast app?

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
There are corrupted virus definitions.

It will be fixed soon.

Turn off App Shield for now.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

blastedkane

thank you for that.  will we be advised when the definitions are correct

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144407.msg1047275#msg1047275

Please use the search option on this webboard before asking.
Many things have already been explained, many questions have already been answered.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Hello,
update the VPS to 14010901, please.

Milos

Offline Blobba

it's working fine now.