Author Topic: JumpFlip  (Read 1744 times)

Stevish

JumpFlip
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »
Why did Avast install jumpflip extension in my broswer?

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: JumpFlip
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »
I don't think it is from avast installation...  :o

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 12:59:55 PM »
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=142936.0

In addition to the core, there's two more things included in this version:

SafePrice  is a new, optional module of the Avast browser plugins. It's designed to combine security (hence the "safe" part) with best deals (hence the "price") into one, easy-to-use module. It's pretty silent (almost invisible) unless you search for a specific product -- in which case, it would pop up a price comparison and allow you to pick one of the deals in the trusted stores. The feature can be turned on or off through the browser plugin settings. For Safe Price, we are doing a gradual global rollout. We will increase the rollout over the coming weeks.

JumpFlip is classified as Adware by many ............ it does exactly the same as " Safe Price" ............. perhaps that is what avast are using?

Lesson 1)

Never allow any company to auto update a product. Never, ever !

Read what is new , updated software means new features, don't blindly allow installation and complain later.

Even things like Windows/Microsoft Updates should be checked and queried, they are often not good for your system.

Every month Microsoft try to install 3 year old nVidia graphics drivers for my system ...............

Check everything and you won't have malware/adware/virus/ problems.

avast always tell you what is in the new program version, right here on the forum.

marc-d-l

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
Remove JumpFlip virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware