Author Topic: I keep getting "this web page is unavailable" whenever I go to a 2nd site  (Read 11621 times)

abmetzy1

Hello my fellow friends and those over the Pond. Pondus, Polonus, and Essexboy. Hoping everyone has a great weekend!

Well hopefully I will be able to post my screen shot, but this is getting very annoying when I am going from one page to another. I can be in my bank system and click to go to the next and I get this pop-up screen with this saying and I try to refresh and I never get anywhere. And it is not really a real pop up. At first I thought it had to do with my plugins, and it might be because when I go that screen it is a mess. I love chrome, but this is getting OLD and annoying. Oh and it has been doing since before you all have been helping me, I just never complained about it before.

Thanks you all! I am in your very capable hands!
Amy

Could not get the screen shot pasted on notebook. Sorry.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Run quickscan with Malwarebytes and attach log, then attach OTL diagnostic log

Instructions here   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

abmetzy1

I ran the malware and the OTL. I attached both scans. I deleted everything from the malware scan there were 12 items. Thanks and if there is more to do just let me know!
Amy

abmetzy1

Here is the final scan. Thanks!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
removal experts are notified, it may take some time before one is online

abmetzy1

Great, thanks Pondus for letting me know!

argus

Hi,

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk () from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.

• Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...

• Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
Code: [Select]
filesrcm;
startupall;
skipfix-iedefaults;
firefoxlook;
chromelook;
  • Click on button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)

• Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

abmetzy1

Sorry this has taken so long to get back and post the result...I have pneumonia. So here is the log from zoek.

Thanks a bunch!
Amy

abmetzy1

Also, during the process of dealing with the malware it turned off Windows Security Alerts and Automatic Updates. Do I need that turned on or should I leave it off. IF, I leave it off, is there a way to stop it from sending notices in the little balloon updates saying my computer is not safe??

It is kind of driving me crazy.
Thanks

argus

• Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.

• Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...

• Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
Code: [Select]
fplhdcjmbpfkejbhngmlngaecbjmoimd;chr
jfmjfhklogoienhpfnppmbcbjfjnkonk;chr
undetermined;ff
DivX Plus Web Player HTML5 \u003Cvideo\u003E;chr
chrdefaults;
emptyalltemp;
autoclean;
emptyclsid;
ipconfig /flushdns >> %temp%\log.txt;b
  • Click on button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)

• Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

abmetzy1

Re: I keep getting "this web page is unavailable" whenever I go to a 2nd site
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »
Hello Argus,
I disabled my antivirus and ran zoek again. Here is the updated log attached. Now it just seems to be running really slow, like it is taking a long time to think. I can hear it thinking...?

Thanks!

abmetzy1

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
So I also did the AdwCleaner scan, is there anything I need to do to make any changes either with the zoek results, or the cleaner? Or do I need to run any other scans? Or am I sitting pretty good. I really wish this was a tad bit of my forte...so I could understand something. Anyway, I have Ad Fender running to get rid of my annoying ads, I like that and it seems to be working great. (Hope this was a good choice to use)

Question, how often do I need to do the AdwCleaner?
-Should I keep OTL on my comp or uninstall it, delete it or however you get rid of it?
-Do I need to keep any of the logs?
-should I keep zoek on the comp?
-what about the avast anti-root kit aka (asmMBR)?
-and finally the JTR?

Thank you for all your help and answers...what you all do is awesome!!
Amy

abmetzy1

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 07:09:59 AM »
Okay, sorry for being so needy...I ran the AdwCleaner again because I am not sure I did it right. I did not do anything to it other than save the scan. Maybe I did not even need to run it.

Let me know if things look okay, and if I need to do anything to any of the programs to completely take care of stuff! You have been awesome!
Thanks!

abmetzy1

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »
Hi,
No one has responded to my last 3 posts. I posted the results asked for. However, I am still getting "this web page is unavailable" or a similar phrase.

Could someone please offer any help, suggestions or answer my previous questions??
Thanks!

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »
I'll try to get you some attention.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0