Author Topic: Grimefighter -- Ugh!!!  (Read 2534 times)

The Bear

Grimefighter -- Ugh!!!
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:23:10 PM »
I can't believe they released this product when it should still be BETA (IMO). Purchased this for $19 and it would not run. A quick call to the tech support and they can't help either. Locks up the computer each time....

They suggest its a problem with my system a recommend I purchase their avast! Total Support - 1 PC, 1 Incident for $119. Thinking I have a serious problem; I reluctantly do so.

5 technicians and hours later; no one can figure out why it will not run..... shuts off the computer every time. 

To add insult to injury. They tell me they won't refund the Tech Support $119 because all they have to provide is 'best effort' (whatever that is).

DO NOT BUY GRIMEFIGHTER!!!!!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Grimefighter -- Ugh!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
For third party support complaints contact either  riley(at)avast(dot)com   or   nekvapil(at)avast(dot)com

That said could you provide more information, OS, other security software you have now or ever had?
If uninstalled how was it removed?

Exactly what is going on? Please be as specific as possible.
The more information you provide, the more we can help.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.