Author Topic: Outgoing email fails  (Read 4627 times)

1eyedjack

Outgoing email fails
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
Hi - newbie here.
Generally happy with Secureline, but I find that when active I can receive emails but not send them (authentication failure).  Sending works fine when I disconnect from Secureline.
I use virginmedia in the UK (blueyonder legacy), configured to IMAP4.
Windows Vista O/S with bundled Windows mail client.
It may be that this is an unavoidable consequence of using a VPN.  No big deal, I can live with it.  Just wanted to check that there is nothing wrong.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Outgoing email fails
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
Hi - newbie here.
Generally happy with Secureline, but I find that when active I can receive emails but not send them (authentication failure).  Sending works fine when I disconnect from Secureline.
I use virginmedia in the UK (blueyonder legacy), configured to IMAP4.
Windows Vista O/S with bundled Windows mail client.
It may be that this is an unavoidable consequence of using a VPN.  No big deal, I can live with it.  Just wanted to check that there is nothing wrong.

Hi and welcome.
I have been using Secureline for awhile now and have no issues with sending or receiving emails. I use Thunderbird.
When I first started using I did have a glitch with mail not working properly, but that was because the (web based)Email: gmail, msn and yahoo didn't Recognize the IP that was making the request (obviously while connected to Secureline your IP is different) so I had to go online while connected and sign in manually before Thunderbird could receive mail from these web based email addresses.;
Not sure if this applies as I am not knowledgeable with you Email setup/provider etc. :)