Author Topic: Scanning  (Read 1663 times)

iyoyoi

Scanning
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:18:21 AM »
Every time I run a scan it says that the files couldn't be scanned because they were password protected. This happens whether I run a full scan or a quick scan. What does this mean and how do I make it so my computer can be successfully scanned?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Scanning
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
it is just a scan error message and it is normal, avast is telling you it could not scan those files and the reason why
guessing those files belongs to adobe?  you may post a screenshot of the scan result

when the program that use those files access them they will be scanned by the realtime monitor so nothing to worry about

files that couldn't be scanned  is this forums most frequently asked question so lots of info if you forum search

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:03:46 AM by Pondus »

iyoyoi

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:08:56 AM »
It is happening for every single file on my computer though the scan takes like 5 minutes to finish and it just says "could not scan password protected" for everything, event hings that aren't adobe and what not.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »
attach a screenshot of the scan result......

iyoyoi

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »
That is what it says down the whole list.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »
put your mouse pointer on the vertical bar in front of status ..... and dragg sideways, then you should see the full file path
take new screenshot