Author Topic: SafeZone Hassles  (Read 2105 times)

CCV

SafeZone Hassles
« on: January 16, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »
Apart from it not allowing Accessibility Options like StickyKeys (VERY important for entering half decent passwords) for anyone with a disability like mine - I did post a feature request ticket on this score, but forgot to mention MouseKeys as well.

Set SafeZone as default browser, plain and simple, doesn't work!
Tried it on two different user accounts - click, click, click.... nada, nothing happens.

Other thing is 'signing in'. What does that even mean?
I did it already (several times), besides, I'm already signed in to Google services. Yet the prompt is still there.
What exactly am I 'missing out' on; and why don't the prompt go away after I sign in?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: SafeZone Hassles
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »
dont know if this changes anything, but there is a new Beta if you want to test 

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144768.0
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:17:43 AM by Pondus »

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »
I don't think you can set SafeZone as your default browser, it is not intended for that purpose.

The settings you can alter are limited to preserve security. There is nothing to sign into , that setting should be deleted.

The Help Files tell you more :

avast > Settings > look for the "? " tab , bottom right corner. There are 2 entries, > Tools > SafeZone  and Settings > Tools > SafeZone.

CCV

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »
I don't think you can set SafeZone as your default browser, it is not intended for that purpose.

The settings you can alter are limited to preserve security. There is nothing to sign into , that setting should be deleted.

Agreed. I don't see why either 'sign in' or 'set as default' options should be displayed in such case.
Wouldn't mind if 'set as default browser' was possible, tho - especially on admin account - imagining it might provide more security...

Thanks to Pondus, as well.
Don't know if it will help but, I do like testing betas when I can.  :)

CCV

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 03:15:06 AM »
I notice on the Beta thread a link to a Feedback form, which I have never seen before. Looks like a good place to post my thoughts, I think..

Also found an option to "Not use Chrome as avast! default browser" - Settings > Troubleshooting. That should get rid of the 'sign in' business - or, so I thought. Makes no difference whatsoever that I can see.
There seems to be an advantage to using Chrome, nonetheless:
For instance, I can't find in FF the Autofill setup which Chrome has - most helpful when filling in shipping address and contact details for online shopping.

Still, it isn't the 'one click' operation in SafeZone as it is in Chrome.
Next time I might try Enter instead of Click on each box. If it works, then it would save me switching from keyboard to mouse and back about twenty times. Both difficult and tedious with only one hand.
Probly be a while before need to try it again tho..

Btw: If you right-click on browser icon in SafeZone and go "New" you get a prompt set as default. I think that behaviour should be deleted too.