Author Topic: Adobe Flash for IE: wrong version by Avast  (Read 2256 times)

Joerg123

Adobe Flash for IE: wrong version by Avast
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »
Hello support,
in most cases your Software-Updater works fine but since 2 days it says "Flash Player ActiveX new version 12.0.0.43".
I have doe the update several times, directly from Adboe website and offline with uninstalling Flashplayer (as message from software-updater remains active): NO the current version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer /ActiveX is 12.0.0.38. This is also the latest version shown on Adobe website (unfortunately it take some time until I recognized the version number on the download page)
No problem to update Flash Player plugin for Firefox and here it is version 12..0.0.43 - but only the plugin version the ActiveX version is 12.0.0.38
Seems like Avast get wrong version information from your server.
Please fix it :-)

BTW: using Windows 7/64 and Avast 2014.9.0.2011 and I have run the Avast update from the settings menu (both update options and both are correct/latest)

And as it is my first post here: nice virus scanner, not bothering you with popup windows (except know for the Flash update *g*) and my computer seems to have good performance. Over all I am very satisfied with Avast and recommend it to my friends.

dprout69

Re: Adobe Flash for IE: wrong version by Avast
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
38 is the latest for IE.  43 exists for other mozilla browsers