Author Topic: Upload Issues (Web Shield)  (Read 4761 times)

OliPicard

Upload Issues (Web Shield)
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:28:11 PM »
Hi All,

I have experienced issues with Avast's Web Shield system, After doing a clean install of Windows the machine is still having isssues uploading files until I disable the Web Shield! If i re-enable the shield while a browser is open it crashes Avast.

I have ran a clean install of Avast however the issue is still there...

Hopefully Avast can fix this! Ive never had any issues in the past with Avast (V6,7,8) Only recently had major problems...

[Update]: Should I install the new Avast Beta? (Ive herd this might help fix the Web Shield)
[Update 2]: I have installed v2012 however since installing v2012 I have been unable to disable the web shield and no improvements have been made since installing the latest version. I have noticed the anti-spam module has also been disabled in the beta build.  I have also posted in the Beta forums as this should provide AVAST's team with any information needed. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144850.0
[Update 3]: I installed a clean copy of windows and avast as requested however this hasn't helped fix/solve the problem with web shield.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:10:24 PM by OliPicard »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Upload Issues (Web Shield)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »
Yes that does include a fix for this problem

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
The BETA is pretty stable, give it a shot and report your findings.

Let us know if it fixes the issue(s) you have:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144768.0
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

OliPicard

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:11 PM »
Hi Guys, Can i install it over the current A/V or would you recommend uninstalling the current A/V and installing the new one?

Thanks for the speedy response!

Oliver

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »
I did an over the top install and currently have no problems

OliPicard

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 10:49:57 PM »
Did the install however the problem is still active. When i go to upload a video to dmcloud it claims to have uploaded 90mb/s however when i disable web shield the speed is back to normal.

Also noticed Avast crashing when i attempted to stop the Web Shield. Had to reboot the computer.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
Make a topic on the BETA board explaining your problems since it's the BETA and could be fixed.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

OliPicard

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
As requested I have posted the information to http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144850.0

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »
As requested I have posted the information to http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144850.0

Hopefully someone from the avast! team will look at the thread.

OliPicard

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
Hopefully! AV2012 has caused me more problems. Ive had to reimage my machine again. no fix for upload issues yet (the only temp fix is to disable the web shield)

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 11:27:22 PM »
Just to clarify, you've also done this fix?

Hallo, we have discovered an issue in new WebShield implementation. This is probably reason of your problems. We are preparing fix for that.

Meanwhile you can try to switch to old WebShield implementation. To do that, please

Go to C:\programdata\avast software\avast directory

Find the WebShield.ini, file and add following lines:

[General]
UseStreamFilter=0

Now restart „avast! Antivirus“ service, or reboot.

Please let us to know if the problem is gone.

OliPicard

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 11:31:07 PM »
ill attempt it tomorrow and will post back with results :)

When i do the reinstall should i install the current version or the beta version?

Thanks
Oliver

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »

When i do the reinstall should i install the current version or the beta version?

Thanks
Oliver

You could try this in the BETA version but this patch should already be applied there...

Try there first.. if not, you'll need to go back to 9.0.2011.

OliPicard

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 11:39:04 PM »

Thanks
Oliver

You could try this in the BETA version but this patch should already be applied there...

Try there first.. if not, you'll need to go back to 9.0.2011.

I think Ill stick to the current release. the anti-spam module and the web shield wouldnt disable in the beta build.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 12:12:13 AM »
What exactly do you mean, "wouldn't disable"?