Author Topic: Notification of Nasties  (Read 2411 times)

Col Colt

Notification of Nasties
« on: June 21, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »
If you have a schedule scan on a certain day/time how do you know whether a virus has been found or not if you happen to be doing some research on the Internet and not paying attention to the fact that the scan is going on? I know you can check to see if thle scan is running at the time you set, but was curious what happens during that time if a nasty is found...do whistles or bells alert you to this or is there a pop up box or what?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Notification of Nasties
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 11:28:19 PM »
Scheduling in home Edition (using ashQuick.exe) will display a virus warning (message box) that will stay in the screen until you dismiss it and the scanning continues. Is it what you're looking for?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Col Colt

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 01:15:57 AM »
What about the Pro version, which is what I have? Just looking for verification that something wasn't found.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 02:54:07 AM »
What about the Pro version, which is what I have? Just looking for verification that something wasn't found.
In Professional version all the activity could be automated (see 'Virus' page) and all information is stored (see 'Sessions' page and its results).
You can work with the Sessions results for sure.
You can customize an 'Alert' when a virus is found...
Well, you can do whatever you want  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Col Colt

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 03:16:33 AM »
Hmmmm...I'll check this out. Wonder if it will balance my checkbook? :D I've always hated that.