Author Topic: windows update does not work  (Read 3090 times)

els

windows update does not work
« on: June 22, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »
I installed avast  and Kerio on my computer but now I can't update windows to service pack 2 ??:(

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: windows update does not work
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:07:15 PM »
Why?
Are there any errors if so - What errors are you getting?
What browser are you using?
Are you able to browse other web sites?
Does temporarily Terminating Web Shield allow access to windows update? - you shouldn't really need to do that I have web shield running when I connect to windows update using Avant browser.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 02:56:17 PM »
If you are trying to update at the Microsoft website, make sure you haven't set Kerio to block ActiveX- you will need it for the update process. (double click the Kerio icon and select Web>Ad Blocking. Make sure the Block ActiveX box is unchecked.)

Appart from that, as David said, we really need more information in order to help you. I use Kerio and avast! and can update with no problem, so we should be ableto find a solution to this one.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 04:15:17 PM »
If you are trying to update at the Microsoft website, make sure you haven't set Kerio to block ActiveX- you will need it for the update process. (double click the Kerio icon and select Web>Ad Blocking. Make sure the Block ActiveX box is unchecked.)
Check the same for your browser settings.
For instance, Maxthon could block Active-X.
The best things in life are free.

els

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 04:34:03 PM »
I use internet explorer 6 and the settings for  ActiveX are OK. I tried again after posting this topic. There was a message that windows update improved their procedure and indeed today it works!! I succeed to update Windows to SP 2. So my problem is solved, thanks anyway